Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend of Relaxation and Success

What a weekend! Probably one of the most productive weekends I have had all year. Hopefully I can keep up with for the rest of 2009!

Friday I worked from home while Parker traveled through the house. He does such a great job at playing by himself while I worked. Trust me...the rest of the weekend was plenty of Parker play time!!! After Braxton got home from work, we loaded up and visited the big city of Cullman!

Saturday we spent the day at the house. Before Parker was born, Braxton and I used to love to schedule a "lazy day". The only requirement for lazy days....you have to stay in your pjs all day long. And that is exactly what we did. We enjoyed playing with Parker and just spending time at the house all weekend. Kudos to me...I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner! What a great wife and mom!

Sunday was church. And what a great service! Bro. Bryant really challenged the church. He challenged us to turn off the tv 30 minutes every day and spend those 30 minutes reading and study the Bible as a family. I know speaking for myself that it will be a challenge. Sometimes I get so caught up in my day that I do let it slip my mind. I do take the time in the mornings on my way to work to pray, but as far as actually reading what God has to say....well I need to step up the challenge! Sunday night was spent being productive. It is sad to say that I have not had the opportunity to go through some of my Christmas presents! I had 3 shopping bags of presents and hand-me-downs that needed to be "processed". AND I DID IT!!!! I was so proud of myself. Hopefully the next two weekends will be as productive.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! If you are in the south, go out and enjoy the beautiful weather!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend! Church was great Sunday!

Misty said...

Lazy Day! I'm looking forward to a LAZY DAY! Surely it will happen before 2009 ends! Don't you just love working from home some! Let's see...Parker will be turning 1 soon?

The Harris' said...

I LOVE those lazy days!! I think we need one of those around the Harris household..:)