Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip in Review

Braxton and I had a WONDERFUL trip to Asheville, North Carolina. We left early on Friday morning and arrived in Asheville early evening. Friday night we went to a movie...but not just any movie. We visited a movie theater called Cinebarre. I have been to other movie theaters where you can order "real food", but never where you actually find your seat in the movie theater and you order your food, and eat in the theater. The waiters/waitresses were quick and didn't block your view at all. The food was really good, a little pricey, but good. It was a cool experience and a great concept! I wish we had one in Birmingham! It can be difficult to get a babysitter on Friday night for 5 hours to include travel time, eating dinner out and going to a movie.

Saturday we spent the day at the Biltmore. I asked Braxton multiple times to build me a house just like it! I don't see it happening! The house was amazing! If you have never been, I do recommend making the trip. After touring the house, we took a behind the scenes tour where we learned more details about the house and the Van der bilt family. I didn't really get any good pictures because it started raining harder, but here is a look at us standing in front.


Sunday we woke up and drove to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Braxton made my day and let me shop for about 5 hours! We found some good deals and Braxton got a few things for himself! We checked in to the hotel and relaxed before we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Chop House. And while everyone had snow in Alabama, Pigeon Forge got none! Gatlinburg did get some and we drove up to see a little of it.

It was a great time for Braxton and I. We got along the entire weekend (we usually do! =) ) and had a great time relearning how to communicate with each other with no distractions around us. But we missed Parker and we were ready to get home to see his smiling face! Monday was back to realty and a BUSY week!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like yall had a good time. The pictures are really good!