Thursday, March 11, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Yesterday was the big day! I had my ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of baby #2. This pregnancy has felt different than my pregnancy with Parker. I haven't been as sick...I have been much more worn out...and the baby doesn't move as much as Parker did, even in the early months. I just felt it was different. Oh, there were lots of predictions...LOTS! But only some of the people could win.
Our appointment was at 8:00am. I was anxious...more than wanting to find out the gender, I wanted to know that the baby was okay. I needed to know the baby had 2 arms, 2 legs and a healthy heart. The last few weeks have been mentally tough. The thoughts that run through your head that the baby is not okay....just a little trying on a pregnant woman! So...to add to the anxious feelings I had, it was raining and traffic was HORRIBLE!!! There were wrecks all over the interstates and so we chose the highway like everyone else. We ended up being late, but luckily we didn't have to wait too long.
After the usually measurements (by the way I am measuring about 5 days early) and checking to make sure that all of the body parts where there, we got to see HER!!! Clear view and no doubt that it is a GIRL!!! I was happy and Braxton was nervous! The questions and thoughts that crossed his mind....
"We will have to pay for her wedding...ballet class...prom dresses...I don't know how to put a bow in a girl's hair...how do I play with a little girl?....she is going to be expensive...I just don't know what I am going to do with her!"

Good thing he had the day off from work to think about it all! And after much discussion and thinking...we decided on a name for our sweet little girl.

Paisley Madison Reno

Here are a couple of shirts I am looking at purchasing now that we know what the baby is.


I need this shirt right now!
A cute shirt for Parker!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Mindy called me last night and told me!! So excited for ya'll! And tell Braxton, yes, they are expensive and yes, he has to pay for a wedding, but once he meets her it won't matter because he will be WRAPPED around her finger (just ask Chris :) Oh, and I so wish that first shirt had been around when I was pregnant with LB!! :)