Monday, September 15, 2008

Parent of 3...just for tonight!

Tonight I was a mom of three! I stayed in Huntsville with my parents (try to save a little gas money!) and my niece and nephew were staying as well. Elesha and Brant had to go to a trade show in Memphis, TN. Nana (my mom) had a planning meeting at church, which left Dakota, 6, Gavin, 3 almost 4, and Parker, 6 months with me and Papa (my dad). WOW...what energy those 2 children have. We started by eating pizza for dinner...nana and papa's treat. After dinner we went outside. The weather was so nice. I put Parker in his stroller and let him watch us all play. Get this....we played with a frisbee. I haven't played with a frisbee in forever! We had 5 frisbees, 3 softballs and 1 football. Dakota and Gavin won the "football game". And for a moment I thought about doing a cartwheel but was too afraid I would have to drive myself to the ER! Once we came back in the house, it was homework time....flash cards and piano. Finally it was bath time. After they smelt nice and clean, I fixed the kids orange sherbet and let them watch a little bit of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. AND finally at 8:30pm they were off to bed. But of course the day doesn't end after that! Lunches must be packed, clothes for the next day laid out and a much needed piece of chocolate cheesecake had to be eaten! GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun night. Having more than one child around does make for a busy evening doesn't it?? :-) But it sounds like you ended the evening just right with a yummy piece of cheesecake!

Elesha Maynard said...

Thanks by the way ;)