Monday, November 29, 2010

A New Christmas Tradition

I LOVE Traditions!!  In all shapes, forms and sizes!  I think they make a person/family and provide you the opportunity to "tell your story" to your family and the people around you. 

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year to grow our family traditions.  Although my family has traditions other times of the year, our Christmas traditions are the best!

Our traditions include...
* Christmas Scrapbook: I created a scrapbook solely for Christmas.  Each year gets a 2 page spread and it includes a copy of our Christmas card, pictures from our ornament swap, and a family picture.

*Ornament Swap: This was something started after Braxton and I got married.  Each Christmas we purchase and ornament to give to each other and we write a note to go along with the ornament to tell why this ornament reminds us of the other one. 

* Duckworth Christmas Dinner Menu: Steak, baked potatoes, salad, and other items

*And many other traditions....

So, as Parker and Paisley are getting older, I want to help provide new traditions for them!  This is not a new tradition for everyone, but it is new to us! 
And here it is...
The Elf On The Shelf


I wanted to introduce the elf last year, but didn't really feel Parker was ready.  I think he would have understood but I didn't want to risk it.  I know this year he will get it and it will be fun!

I am really looking forward to reading this book to Parker tonight and naming our elf.  We are probably going to encourage Parker to name the elf "Drew" because Parker's first name is Andrew. 

And probably my favorite part about it the elf is ALL of the mischief he will get into.  I have had time to do a little research and listen to many stories from friends about what each elf has done.  I hope to post a few pictures and will definitely have to add pictures to our Christmas Scrapbook! 

0 comments: